We're currently recruiting for the following positions:
Anti-Pesticide Activists Deliver Halloween Cards to Lowe's: "Give bees treats, not tricks"
Europe has already banned these pesticides because of their problematic nature. It’s time for us to let major retailers, like Lowe's, know we won’t continue to support their use of neonicotinoids.
Send a message to Lowe's CEO to ask his store to take leadership in halting the use of bee-killing pesticides. Together, activists around the nation will deliver thousands of Halloween cards this week asking Lowe's to “give bees treats, not tricks” and stop selling bee-killing pesticides and garden plants pre-poisoned with harmful neonic pesticides.
Instructions for Halloween Card Deliveries:
1) Pick a day and time between now and the end of October 31st to deliver your card
2) Find your nearest Lowe's location here.
3) Download our printable card or make your own!
4) Bring the card to the store and ask to speak to the store manager
5) Take a photo of yourself outside the store, with your card
6) Politely deliver the card to the store manager using the sample conversation below
7) Send your photos to email@example.com
“Hi, my name is _______ and I’m a concerned Lowe’s customer. I am here today to urge you to stop selling bee-killing neonic pesticides, as well as plants pre-treated with these pesticides to protect honey bees and other pollinators essential to our food supply and the environment. I purchase garden supplies from Lowe’s, but I’m very disappointed to learn that many of the ‘bee-friendly’ seedlings and plants sold to unsuspecting consumers in your stores have been pre-treated with bee-killing pesticides. Please pass this card and my concerns to your corporate headquarters."
Statistics for Action
Get Help Now
Get Email Updates
Sign up to join Toxics Action Center's email activist list.
|Please leave this field empty|